Florida Weed Wrangle Month
In conjunction with National Invasive Species Awareness Week (February 28 – March 5), we are hosting the 2nd annual, month-long, at-home Weed Wrangle© initiative to encourage Floridians to remove invasive species from home and privately managed landscapes.
- During the month of February 2022, Remove 1 or more invasive plants from your landscape (be sure to take a before and after photo)
- Complete this simple 4 question form
- Email 1 before and 1 after photo of plant removal to firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants who complete the 3 steps above will be entered into a random drawing to win 1 of our exciting prizes:
- 1 made in the USA UpRooter Weed Wrench Light – an ideal tool for personal property management and volunteer groups, offering the perfect combination of pulling power and ease of use.
- 3 Individual 1-Year memberships to your local Florida Native Plant Society Chapter.
- 5 Signed copies of A Step-by-Step Guide to a Florida Native Yard by Ginny Stibolt
- 10 pairs of Weed Wrangle Garden Gloves w/the UF IFAS Plant This, Not That, a Guide to Avoiding Invasive Plant Species in Florida Booklet
What is a weed? The term weed can have different meanings to different people, in this case we are referring specifically to invasive plants in your landscape. For guidance, refer to species listed in the 2019 FLEPPC List (both category I and II)
Plant native! We encourage you to replace invasive plants with native plants in your landscape. Learn more about why this matters from the Florida Native Plant Society and locate native plant vendors near you through the Florida Association of Native Nurseries.
There are some in-person volunteer Weed Wrangle opportunities this month which can be found on our events calendar here